Centre Assessed Grades (CAGs)


We understand how unsettling the last few months may have been for you. As you know, the exam boards have put in place special arrangements for this summer to make sure that the vast majority of you who are expecting final grades, will receive calculated grades to support you progressing to further study or employment . The grades you receive this year will carry the same value as any other year, so you can compete on a level playing field with students from previous and future years. 

Ofqual information

Ofqual is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation and they regulate qualifications, examinations and assessments in England. They have published some information that might help you understand how results have been awarded this year and where to find more information.

Student guide to post-16 qualifications results Summer 2020 - click here to read

Guidance for teachers, students, parents and carers - click here to read

Student guide video - please click here to view


Our approach to CAGs

The College's CAGs guidance table summarises the process through which individual student centre assessment grades were calculated and how their position within the cohort ranking for each course was determined. This information is available by clicking here.


What to do if I want to know what CAG my teacher submitted for me

The College will receive your standardised results from exam boards and we will release these to you, via Cedar, on the official results release dates; 8am on Thursday 13th August for level 3 qualifications and 8am on Thursday 20th August for level 1 and level 2 qualifications.

Your result will be your final calculated grade - this may not be the same as the centre assessment grade submitted by the College because it will have been standardised by the exam boards. More information about this process is available in the Ofqual guides above.

Colleges and Schools are not allowed to tell you your centre assessment grade before the results publication days noted above. If you would like to know what HNC submitted as your CAG, you will need to make a specific subject data access request. Remember though, that the calculated grade on your results slip is the grade that counts. To make a subject data access request, please click here to access the relevant data protection area of our website.


What to do if I want to appeal my awarded grade?

More information will be available shortly.