Results Day 2021 information 

Results Day dates 

A Level and Level 3 Results Day is Tuesday 10th August 2021 – results available from 8am 

GCSE and Level 2 Results Day is Thursday 12th August 2021 – results available from 8am 

Huddersfield New College’s Teacher Assessed Grade process 

The College's Teacher Assessed Grade Centre policy is available here

A full set of FAQs relating to Teacher Assessed Grades is available here.  

Support for you 

The Careers Team will be available in College on Tuesday 10th - Friday 13th August. 

If you are planning to use Clearing or Adjustment, or have not met the terms for your apprenticeship, we strongly recommend that you speak to us for advice and guidance. 

Making a change to your university application at this late stage is a big decision and should be done with care and consideration – please make use of the support available from the Careers Team by calling the College between 8am and 4pm. 

We recommend that you take a look at this document which provides further advice and support from our Careers Manager regarding next steps. You can download this by clicking here

In addition, should you feel that you need pastoral support please call the College on  01484 652341 or email 

Results FAQs 

Below we share some of the questions you may may have about your results 

Where can I locate my Teacher Assessed Grades? 

These will be available to view on CEDAR from 8am on the following dates; 

A Level and level 3 Results Day is Tuesday 10th August 2021 

GCSE and level 2 Results Day is Thursday 12th August 2021 

How can I find my grades on CEDAR? 

A level and GCSE grades – left hand menu; Exam results option 

BTEC grades – left hand menu; My Details option, then the ‘Enrolments’ tab 

What do I do if my Level 3 grade profile meets the entry criteria for my first choice or insurance choice university? 

Our advice to you about progressing to university remains constant, that you should not play safe when making your choice of university, but that you should aspire to progress to the best university you can, with the A Level/Vocational grades you achieve. 

Remember when making what might be a difficult choice about when and where to go to university, your long term economic health and prosperity is best promoted by going to the best university you can, with the results you have. 

Can I appeal my Teacher Assessed Grade? 

Yes.  In line with the DfE / Ofqual guidance, if you believe your grade does not fairly reflect the standard of your performance, you should ask the College to check whether we may have made an administrative or procedural error.  If we find we have made such an error and that, as a result, we submitted the wrong grade to the exam board, we will ask them to change the grade.  If we did not make an error, and you still believe your grade is incorrect, you can ask us to submit an appeal to the exam board.  We will provide the exam board with the evidence used to determine your grade, together with our justification for the grade, your concerns and, if the exam board does not already hold it, details of the process that we used to determine your grade.  The exam board will consider whether the evidence of your performance indicates that the grade represents a reasonable exercise of academic judgement.  If they decide that the grade is supported by the evidence, they will not change the grade.  If the exam board does not think that the grade awarded is supported by the evidence and does not represent a reasonable exercise of academic judgment, they may change the grade.   

What may happen to your grade during the centre review and appeals process? 

If you request a centre review or an awarding organisation appeal there are three possible outcomes:  

Your original grade is lowered, so your final grade will be lower than the original grade you received. 

Your original grade is confirmed, so there is no change to your grade. 

Your original grade is raised, so your final grade will be higher than the original grade you received.  

Once a finding has been made you cannot withdraw your request for a centre review or appeal. If your grade has been lowered you will not be able to revert back to the original grade you received on results day.  

What will be checked during a centre review? 

You can ask the College to check whether it made a procedural error, an administrative error, or both.    

A procedural error means a failure to follow the process set out in the centre policy. An administrative error means an error in recording your grade or submitting your grade to the awarding organisation.  

You must request a centre review before you can request an awarding organisation appeal. This is so the awarding organisation is certain that your grade is as the centre intended.  

What will be checked during an awarding organisation appeal? 

You can ask the awarding organisation to check whether the centre made a procedural error - or whether the awarding organisation itself made an administrative error. You can also ask the awarding organisation to check whether the academic judgement of the centre was unreasonable, either in the selection of evidence or the determination of your grade.  

When do I need to submit my request? 

You should submit a request for a centre review by 16 August 2021 for a priority appeal, or by 3 September 2021 for non-priority appeals.  The centre review request form can be obtained from the College’s website or by emailing  

Once you have received the outcome of your centre review, if you wish to request an awarding organisation appeal you should do so as soon as possible. The College will submit this on your behalf. Requests for a priority appeal should be submitted by 23 August 2021 and requests for non-priority appeals should be submitted by 17 September 2021. Priority appeals that aren’t submitted to the awarding organisation by 23 August 2021 will still be treated as a priority but they may not be completed in time for those with a higher education place dependent on the outcome of the appeal.  

What is a priority appeal? 

A priority appeal is only for students applying to higher education who did not attain their firm choice (i.e. the offer they accepted as their first choice) and wish to appeal an A level or other Level 3 qualification result. You should inform your intended higher education provider that you have requested a centre review or appeal. 



Download Prospectus