After the expensive month of December everyone is looking for ways to save in January. You have
the whole month to get through before payday and whether saving money is one of your resolutions
or not here are some tips to help you get through the month without feeling it too much.
1. Stop buying unnecessary drinks when you’re out and about which are usually overpriced and
overrated, buying just one cup of coffee each day can set you back £550 a year…
2. Student discount! With or without an NUS Card you can still get discount at most places if
you show your ID card, check out Student Beans and UNiDAYS for all the offers.
3. Stop and think before you splash out on something you may not actually need or can find
cheaper somewhere else.
4. Sell stuff! There’s plenty of safe ways to sell items of clothing, shoes, electronics online now.
eBay? Depop? Facebook Marketplace?
5. Give up those things that aren’t good for you! If you gave up takeaways, cigarettes and
chocolates you’d save £10 a week. Scrapping takeaways alone would leave you £228.80
richer by the end of the year.
Student Beans - https://www.studentbeans.com/
UNiDAYS - https://www.myunidays.com/GB/en-GB
eBay - www.ebay.co.uk/
Depop - https://www.depop.com/
Facebook Marketplace - https://www.facebook.com/Marketplace-231693550250356/
By Lauren Chadwick
Posted by studentblog1 on 12 January 2017