A Level Business Studies is an engaging subject that will develop your knowledge about how business works, and how and why business decisions are made. Key topics include:
- The role of marketing in targeting the right customers
- How markets work, and how business strategies plan growth
- The role of people in business, and how Human Resources manage this vital asset
- How entrepreneurs create successful businesses
- Why financial management is crucial to profitability
- The role of strategy in planning for business success and responding to external factors that influence this
Grade 5 in GCSE English Language.
You will look at contemporary case studies from the real world of business and work with other students to apply theory to these. Through this, you will develop some core skills such as analysing data, critical thinking and the ability to make informed business based decisions. Through looking at current issues and contemporary developments such as business ethics and globalisation, you will increase your understanding of how to develop justified responses to changing business situations.
Our outstanding staff team will support you across your two years, including provision of a full set of learning resources.
A Level Business Studies is a popular option for those who intend to progress to university. Business is a qualification valued highly by universities, and students often opt to progress to specialist degrees in Accountancy, Finance, Business and Events Management.
Good to Know
A Level Business provides an excellent foundation for your future. There is a wide range of transferable skills and knowledge, making it highly valued by both employers and universities!