Think Economics is all about Maths? Think again! This fascinating subject will see you exploring the concept of a free market economy and how key social issues such as inequality, unemployment and deficits influence the economy. You’ll learn all about the political debate behind topics such as free markets, and how economic concepts help us to understand and tackle issues such as climate change, inequality and racism.
Grade 5 in GCSE Maths. General entry criteria also applies.
This is a dynamic and interesting subject and you will develop your own opinions through exploring topics including:
• How markets determine the prices we pay for everyday good and services
• The role of Government in determining how economies run
• How economies grow and influence our life and culture
• The Bank of England and the role of interest rates
• Business economics such as profit and the role of competition
• Economic development, inequality and poverty
• Globalisation and the role of international trade
At the heart of Economics is problem solving and understanding how things work. You will challenge your own views and opinions by exploring the topics detailed above.
Your experience will include access to visiting speakers. We provide a unique range of resources, and access to a Study Hub.
100% examination, compromising of three written exams at the end of your course.
Economics supports a fantastic range of careers. Your chosen combination of courses help to determine your next steps. Destinations our students progress to include Accountancy and Finance or Business and Statistics.
Do you have any questions?
If there is anything you would still like to know about this course, please don’t hesitate to ask us.