You will study topics which reflect both Human and Physical Geography including:

  • Hazards
  • Coastal environments
  • Changing Places
  • Water and Carbon Cycles
  • Contemporary urban environments
  • Global systems and global governance

Once you have reviewed the information below, you can click the button to apply for this course now!

Apply Now

A minimum of a Grade 5 in GCSE English Language and a Grade 5 in GCSE Maths. If you have taken GCSE Geography you must hold a minimum of a Grade 4. If you have not taken GCSE Geography, then a Grade 4 in GCSE Science is essential.  

Geography is a subject grounded in the real world, primarily investigating how humans interact with their physical and human environments. The Geography A Level course at Huddersfield New College reflects this with contemporary case studies from Medellin, Darfur and Fort McMurray taught as part of the two year course. There is also a fieldwork element to the course and you will go on a four day trip to the Jurassic Coast in Dorset.

80% Examination
20% Geographical Investigation

The 80% examination assessment is taken at the end of the second year of study and is split into two examinations. The other 20% of the A Level Geography grade comes from an independent Geographical Investigation which is completed at the end of year 1. 

Students that have studied A Level Geography progress onto a wide range of university degrees leading to a wide variety of jobs including Logistics, Physical Sciences and Planning. You will develop linguistic, mathematical and scientific skills during the two year course that are regarded as invaluable to future employers. 

Do you have any questions?

If there is anything you would still like to know about this course, please don’t hesitate to ask us.