Could you make a genuine difference to children by supporting them to grow, develop and learn? Are you looking for a course that will help you explore the possibilities on offer, and combine theory with learning in real life settings? Then our CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education could be the perfect course for you. This course is a fantastic opportunity to get your career off the ground, and lay the foundations for success in the sector – whether you want to pursue your learning further at university or enter the workplace.
This is a full time course with a strong work placement element. You will spend three days in College, and another two gaining direct industry experience. These placements take place at a variety of provision including primary schools, private day nurseries and in a pre-school/ playgroup. These form a vital part of the course and are therefore not optional.
You'll need to meet the entry criteria for your chosen pathway.
For further information on the pathways, please click here.
Note: grade 4 in GCSE Science if aspirations are primary teaching
- Child development from conception to 7 years
- Children’s health and well-being
- Providing safe environments
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Understanding children’s additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Supporting emergent literacy and mathematics
- Preparing for school readiness
- International perspectives
- Reflective practice for professional development
- Professional partnerships in Early Years
- Professional practice portfolio (completed over two years)
Educate, Enrich, Enlighten
Our teachers are subject specialists and experts in their field and have extensive experience of working directly with children, meaning that they are ideally placed to support you on your journey. In addition to an outstanding experience in the classroom, you can expect a range of trips, visits and inspiring guest speakers. Students have enjoyed experiences such as Summer Schools, gaining a First Aid qualification and testing outdoor play strategies at Cliffe House.
As a caring College, we often get involved with relevant charities that support the most vulnerable, including foodbank collections at Christmas and collecting Easter Eggs at Easter for children who may not otherwise receive one.
Studying Childcare and Education is an enriching experience, both in and out of the classroom. Our students have benefitted from:
- Visiting guest speakers from a range of industries
- Trips and visits to key organisations to bring learning to life including putting play strategies in action at Cliffe House
- Additional qualifications such as first aid
- High value placements with local schools and nurseries to prepare you for your future
- Working with local charities to benefit the community
The assessment is mainly coursework with a 20 hour examination typed assessment in each year (carried out over 4 days). You will have access to books, journals and the internet
This is a full time course which will support you to progress to careers working with children. Around 80% of our students progress to Higher Education, however this is a highly diverse course that can support progression to a wide range of careers including Nursing, Social Work, Counselling and Speech and Language therapy. 40% of students progress to university to study Primary Education. Students also easily gain employment in the Early Years sector.
News From the Department
Good to Know
Our department has a dedicated Work Placement Officer who sources and secures high quality placements for you. These will be across the full range of providers, giving you a chance to experience all the sector has to offer and inspire your specialisms!
Where Are They Now?
University to study Primary and Early Years Education