This qualification is aimed at those with a passion for Dance. Through your studies you will explore contemporary dance techniques, and perform to live audiences. With a complete focus on dance, course content will include:
• A dance performance
• Production of choreography for different dance styles and purposes
• Jazz dance, including commercial, traditional and musical theatre jazz
• A live performance to an audience as part of a showcase
• Development of your knowledge of the process of choreography
• Applying contemporary dance techniques. Building on your learning, you will develop technical dance routines and perform these for assessment.
General College entry criteria applies and relevant experience will be required.
You will benefit from our onsite facilities, and learn from contemporary practitioners such as Graham and Cunningham. A passion for Dance is vital, and your course will include both live performances and classroom based learning.
Assessment is through ongoing assignment based work.
Please note the awarding body for all BTEC qualifications recently made the decision to extend the current BTEC courses in our offer beyond 2018. This means that for 2018 entry, all Level 3 vocational subjects will continue to be assessed by coursework only, with the exception of Art and Design.
This is ideal for those who wish to progress on to study Dance at university or careers in Performing Arts.
Do you have any questions?
If there is anything you would still like to know about this course, please don’t hesitate to ask us.