This is a two-year course leading to an Extended Certificate, which is equivalent to one A Level, and is designed for anyone considering a career in the music technology industry. It is particularly suited to those who have a passion for music with a keen interest in recording/sequencing. You will benefit from our state-of-the-art facilities including a dedicated Recording Studio.
Once you have reviewed the information below, you can click the button to apply for this course now!
General College entry criteria applies and relevant experience will be required.
Areas you will cover include:
• Music production techniques, which covers all aspects of working in the
recording studio from audio capture to production of a CD
• Sequencing techniques, including creating original computer based music
• Sound creation. Using editing functions of a sampler, you will develop musical
ideas that combine synthesis
• Music theory. This will see you working towards a nationally recognised
qualification with the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (ABRSM)
• Music in performance, including the development of music technology in a
performance. You will create your own composition for a live performance
• Music and sound for film. Here you will create original music for a short film clip
• Delivering a musical production. As part of a team you will create a CD featuring a contrasting material.
Each unit is internally assessed and awarded a grade.
Please note the awarding body for all BTEC qualifications recently made the decision to extend the current BTEC courses in our offer beyond 2018. This means that for 2018 entry, all Level 3 vocational subjects will continue to be assessed by coursework only, with the exception of Art and Design.
This is ideal for those who wish to progress on to producer roles, and can support routes into higher education.
Do you have any questions?
If there is anything you would still like to know about this course, please don’t hesitate to ask us.