Huddersfield New College has revealed that it is encouraging students to explore the possibilities of an apprenticeship during National Apprenticeship Week. Along with sharing a range of opportunities for students, HNC will be hosting a live webinar in partnership with C&K Careers to help students to explore if an apprenticeship might be for them.
National Apprenticeship Week runs from 8 – 14 February and aims to shine a light on apprenticeships, and the wide range of career opportunities they offer.
Students at HNC can access a comprehensive range of careers support and advice, including appointments with dedicated qualified Careers Advisors, work placement support and a range of opportunities available to them under the College’s ‘Get Career Ready’ enrichment programme. Together this helps students not only prepare for their next steps, but also ensure they are fully aware of their options, including degree level apprenticeships.
All students interested in the possibilities of an apprenticeship are encouraged to join the session being hosted by C&K Careers and HNC on Thursday. On Thursday 11th February, 12:15-12:50pm. This live webinar will cover how to search and apply for an apprenticeship, and the options available. There will be a chance to ask questions with the team via a text chat function. HNC is also highlighting the following opportunities to students during National Apprenticeship Week:
- Monday 8th February, 7pm: How to smash your interview with Dale Willis, Youth Career Coach. A great session on how to prepare, how to sell your skills, and why employers do care about what you do in your free time! Book here
- Tuesday 9th (and all week!) UCAS Apprenticeship Fair. Interested in hearing about degree level apprenticeships and how they work, both from students and employers and get some tips about landing your dream role? Then don’t miss the UCAS Fair, which runs all week Book here
- Wednesday 10th (and all week) Leeds Apprenticeship Hub find out about what apprenticeships are on offer, meet training providers and talk directly to employers during live sessions. Please note live sessions must be booked in advance. Find out more here
- Thursday 11th (and all week!) Join big name employers including Sky, Barclays, PwC, NHS and Dyson to find out about the apprenticeships they offer. Click here to book
- Don’t miss – your live session with C&K Careers and HNC. This event will be hosted on MS Teams. Click here for more details. Please note this link is only accessible to HNC students, and you are required to log in. You will be able to ask questions via the chat function, and do not need to use the camera or microphone.
- Friday 12th: Army Apprenticeships. The Army offers a huge range of apprenticeships, and 98% of new soldiers enrol on an apprenticeship. There are 40 different schemes from healthcare to IT and engineering to business. Find out more here.
Dan Odlin, Careers Advisor says: “Our Careers service not only supports our students to achieve their ambitions and next steps after HNC, we also help them to get career ready through offering additional opportunities to grow their skills and explore the many exciting options available to them. Today there are a number of different pathways available, and we are here to help students decide which is the one for them. National Apprenticeship Week is helping us to shine a spotlight on apprenticeships, and help our students to understand how they can stand out from the crowd when applying, particularly for the competitive degree level apprenticeships. Throughout the week we’re sharing a variety of virtual events and a live event via MS Teams to help our students learn more. We’d encourage all of our young people to get career ready by joining us on Thursday, and taking a look at what’s happening throughout the week.”