General entry requirements
Subject specific entry requirements
- Your school, college (or employer if not available) reference must demonstrate an excellent record in terms of attendance(at least 95%) and positive punctuality. The reference should also demonstrate excellent standards of behaviour and a very positive attitude to learning
Diagnostic assessments and GCSE English and Maths requirements
Any student presenting with a GCSE grade 2 in English Language or Maths may need to attend a compulsory diagnostic session following enrolment
Some progression pathways require a minimum grade 5 in GCSE English Language and/or Maths. If this is the case for your potential progression pathway, we may incorporate a relevant English Language and/or Maths resit pathway into your agreed study programme
- In some cases (where the choices are sensible for career options) a Level 3 study programme consisting of 2 vocational A Levels (Extended Certificates in the 2nd year) and 1 Linear A level may be appropriate. These should be referred to the Senior Admissions Team for consideration and to ensure that the study programme provides relevant progression opportunities
- In some exceptional cases a Level 3 study programme consisting of a 3 individual vocational A Levels (Extended Certificates in the 2nd year) may be appropriate. These will be referred to the Senior Admissions Team for consideration and to ensure that the study programme provides relevant progression opportunities
- You should choose no more than two predominantly practical/coursework based A Levels. If you want to combine three practical/coursework based A Levels, you should seriously consider an Extended Diploma course
- There may be exceptional circumstances where we can review the entry criteria for an individual student. This is normally when other supporting subjects meet the required entry criteria
The entry criteria listed are accurate at the time of the publication of the prospectus. They are, however, subject to revision as information emerges from the Department for Education or Awarding Bodies regarding the curriculum going forward. All changes will be notified via the college website.
Subject entry criteria; given the national changes to GCSEs, A levels and BTEC qualifications, we are keeping our entry criteria under review. All changes will be notified via the college website.
BTEC Level 3 qualifications; all level 3 vocational subjects will be assessed by a combination of external examination and coursework submissions.