General Entry Criteria
The table below summarises our 2019 criteria.
Diagnostic assessments and GCSE English and Maths requirements
- Any student presenting with a GCSE grade 3 or 2 in English Language may need to attend a compulsory diagnostic session following enrolment
- Any student presenting with a GCSE grade 3, 2 or 1 in Maths may need to attend a compulsory diagnostic session following enrolment
- The diagnostic session will determine your GCSE English Language or GCSE Maths resit pathway, this is compulsory and we will fit this resit pathway into your study programme
- Some progression pathways require a minimum grade 5 in GCSE English Language and/or Maths. If this is the case for your potential progression pathway, we may incorporate a relevant English Language and/or Maths resit pathway into your agreed study programme
- In some cases (where the choices are sensible for career options) a Level 3 study programme consisting of 2 vocational A Levels (Extended Certificates in the 2nd year) and 1 Linear A level may be appropriate. These should be referred to the Senior Admissions Team for consideration and to ensure that the study programme provides relevant progression opportunities
- In some exceptional cases a Level 3 study programme consisting of a 3 individual vocational A Levels (Extended Certificates in the 2nd year) may be appropriate. These will be referred to the Senior Admissions Team for consideration and to ensure that the study programme provides relevant progression opportunities
- You should choose no more than two predominantly practical/coursework based A Levels. If you want to combine three practical/coursework based A Levels, you should seriously consider an Extended Diploma course
- Your school, college or employer reference must demonstrate an excellent record in terms of attendance and punctuality (at least 95%). The reference should also demonstrate excellent standards of behaviour and attitude to learning
The entry criteria listed are accurate at the time of the publication of the prospectus. They are, however, subject to revision as further information and clarification is made by the Department for Education regarding the structure and assessment methodologies applied to the developing curriculum going forward. All changes will be notified via this website. Subject entry criteria; given the significant national changes to GCSEs, A levels and BTEC qualifications, we are keeping our entry criteria under constant review. All changes will be notified via the college website.